1.2
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

My PC came up w/ an orange screen,said that my PC alerted Microsoft that it was infected.It had an 888 toll free number to call.When I called said number I was informed it would cost $400+ to clean my PC.Let me say I had no control over my PC when the screen was orange in color.I immediately told them I cannot afford $400+ dollars to repair my device,so I found a company called GuruAid which they'd charge me $299 dollars for two years of service.I only had less than $50 dollars in my checking account.My bank paid them $299 dollars even though my account had less than $50 bucks.The company asked for my account number and called my bank and they authorized payment of their fee.I was told I could pay the $299 dollars the next day.I'm not the only one this kind of thing is happening to.This in my opinion is criminal.Being a capitalist society they allow businesses to actually rob individuals in this manner.Nothing mind you was wrong w/ my PC,but these companies make you think there is something wrong w/ your PC.You can complain to the Attorney General in NYC,the Better Business Bureau and nothing is done about this unlawful criminal process.

Product or Service Mentioned: Guruaid Technical Support.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: No comment.