Wick, Scotland

First calling through a phone number given to me by a tech in Xbox support I was ready for as good as service as before.I was first skeptical when they answered and I told them I got off support and they said they were not Xbox or Microsoft.

Immediately I questioned on if they were the right people to call but they assured me it was fine. They were very helpful at first and did end up fixing my issue. However, they then insisted I do a clean up of my computer with a technician. Keeping remote control access on made me quite uncomfortable anyway but now with this technician I was not on the phone with him anymore.

Now I could only type messages back and forth through a chat box they provided. It was a very uncomfortable experience especially when they continually tried to sell me a year subscription or whatever it was. They added some pop up blocker and deleted what apparently was a bunch of extra massive junk files. Being that my computer had only just been opened up the day before I don't know how that was possible.

I was already annoyed of needing to do this so called "required" clean up and the technician pestered me about four or five times in a row to try and have me pay for the year subscription of service. When I explained that I was uncomfortable about him forcing on me he insisted he wasn't trying to. I am grateful they resolved my issue but I will not be calling them again for anything.

I would NOT recommend this company to anyone.Ever.

Review about: Computer Servicing.

I didn't like: Technician, Customer service.

2.4
Usability
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Guruaid Technical Support
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Guruaid?

Comments

serra

Webroot contacted but Guruaid came on the line.One hour spent with the worst connection, could barely understand with accent.

Said I had many viruses, computer was very slow and he could fix it for a new 1, 2 or 3 year warranty. What? I asked if he was Webroot and he said no. I said no to warranty.

High pressure began. How about a one time fee of $120? I said no. He said how about 99$ I said we'd think about it.

He wanted to know what was holding me back.and that he'd done his part and spent an hour with me. Asked 6 more times...very pushy and then pissed off.

We disconnected from him.Stay away from GURUAID..